LT1 camshaft swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiremanGegg

Reaction score
Well, going with my better judgement, I decided not to do a Cam at this time. I am going to be rebuilding an engine this summer to drop in to this truck. At that time I am going to put the Cam of choice into that engine. For now I am going to do the Summit racing vortec replacement heads.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mind if I jump a question in at this point then? Ok 96 L31 with 97k, Doug's headers, Airraid K&N, GT4 2wd. Want the least expensive cam kit with the nastiest sounding lope - inexpensive as can be. I drive easy just want that lope. Daily driver, willing to kick in more $$$ just want a wild sounding baseline. Opinions please n thanks!

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind if I jump a question in at this point then? Ok 96 L31 with 97k, Doug's headers, Airraid K&N, GT4 2wd. Want the least expensive cam kit with the nastiest sounding lope - inexpensive as can be. I drive easy just want that lope. Daily driver, willing to kick in more $$$ just want a wild sounding baseline. Opinions please n thanks!
A flowmaster 10 muffler

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

So you want a torqueless POS with an unusable powerband for a heavy truck, got it.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Call your favorite cam company; they can answer your question better than we can.