LS swap with 1995 4L60E?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Alright so I have fallen into a 5.3L complete engine drop out with harness, ecm and pedal for a very very good price. I however have a conundrum. My c1500 is a 1995 and the 4l60e was rebuilt in the not so distant past. AKA I want to use it with my LS. But it being the ******* year of the 60E is this even possible with the LS's 0411 ECM?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for not contributing anything useful to your original question, but you could consider this an opportunity to upgrade and go with a 4L80E. If you have any paperwork regarding the recent rebuild of your '95 4L60E you should be able to sell it pretty quickly, seems like there's always someone with a '95 looking for one.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for not contributing anything useful to your original question, but you could consider this an opportunity to upgrade and go with a 4L80E. If you have any paperwork regarding the recent rebuild of your '95 4L60E you should be able to sell it pretty quickly, seems like there's always someone with a '95 looking for one.

I wont be making enough power to need a 80E. I dont have the paperwork for it but it has all the tell tale signs of being either rebuilt or replaced with a new/reman unit. and i was told by the PO that it was. granted i dont believe most things sellers say, but it does function very well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair I didn't think I needed a 4L80E in my V6 truck either, and yet here I am. :lol:

I understand where you're coming from. I just wish I could go back in time and tell my past self to sell my 4L60E while it still worked so I could recoup some of the cost of the 80E swap, and not end up with the world's biggest paper weight taking up space in a garage. IMO the 700R4/4L60E was not a great option for the full size trucks, especially if they're driven hard at all. I know some people swear they're fine but that has not been my experience.

Anyway sorry for the derail, hope you find what you're looking for. I'm honestly curious too about the electrical differences in the '95 60Es. I've always heard about it but don't really know the details at all.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably best to watch a video of the differences. I think electrically and physically they are the same. In 97+ they got that removable bell housing, but I don't think that really matters. Also somewhere thereafter they got a 300 mm input shaft. Previously they had a 298 mm and 300 mm, as well as another size for the S10/Blazers I think.

There's more differences internally, but unless you are rebuilding, I don't think it matters.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
^Yep which is why it is a *******. I was told by a company a while back that i could swap out all the solenoids and internal electrical stuff with 96+ 60e stuff and have it work just fine, but i dont know if that holds any bearing at all.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you figure this out? I watched the this video the other day and has a ton of valuable information...

Also, seems like the later units were improved, so why not go with one of those if you are going to swap to an LS? I always see engine/tranmissions sold as a combos, with all the wiring, ECU, TAC module, etc.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media