LS Swap issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ike113

Reaction score
So, Ive been going throughsome of the net, but have run into some road blocks and I was hoping for help. The shop it was under went under, so my father is left with the mess to deal with. And I being the tech savy one, well, you know how it goes.
Sit Rep: 1993 C1500 SS454 - It has a LS7 from a 2006 Corvette in it and a 4L80e. They used a Chase Bay wire harness PN:CB-LS1-CM2 and buy plugging it in with a scanner a ECU thinks its a 6.0L from a 2002 silverado. It runs, mostly, and the gauges dont work,

The inquiry: A) Chase Bay does not do wiring anymore, and the link they have for the Chandler Autosports is non-existent.(who was supposed to have taken over the wiring part) So I have no documentation. If anyone has one or has any experience it would be appreciated.

B) Whats involved in reflashing the ECU to think its an LS7? Father apparently paid for this service, but since it hasnt happened in over a year, I remain skeptical that itll happen, so either could I get a point to someone decent at it, or what is required to do it myself (Im fairly computer literate.)

Thanks

Edit: Additionally, it has a fast cable driven throttle body, which Im guessing why it has the Gen III pcm

Last edited:

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully, this may help some. Having done an LS swap into a Squarebody, there were some things that had to be re-thought, computer and truck logistics-wise. 1st, the PCM won't control your truck's gauges. That's something that you have to interface with the new engine, using the original engine's senders or aftermarket pieces. 2nd, the PCM, when reflashed needs to know what the engine's operating devices are, i;e DBW or DBC (the latter being your case). The '06 Corvette LS7 WAS DBW, but you've changed that to DBC, so the programming needs to reflect that. The last trucks that were DBC were '02 I believe. I think the last cars to use DBC were the '04-'05 GTO's. Anyways, your engine doesn't care what name it was born with, or where it's from. It just needs the correct parameters to run, and in your case, it's from a '02 Silverado that's been re-set to whatever your engine needs. Besides, you and your DAD will be the only ones that know this, and anyone else doesn't care. Neither will the drive-train.