Ls swap into a 96-98 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does anyone know if this swap ever ran and/or if it had issues with gauges a/c this and that???

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So does anyone know if this swap ever ran and/or if it had issues with gauges a/c this and that???
If you read the entire post you’ll see that he has been driving it for quite a while now. I’ve done 3 LS swaps and each one was a major improvement in performance and reliability. Why do you think gauges and AC would be an issue?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
If you read the entire post you’ll see that he has been driving it for quite a while now. I’ve done 3 LS swaps and each one was a major improvement in performance and reliability. Why do you think gauges and AC would be an issue?
Because most people don't like wiring and think it's scary. Oh and don't like doing their own research.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because most people don't like wiring and think it's scary. Oh and don't like doing their own research.
Well first of all…I wasn’t trying to come off in a negative way, second off yes I read the whole and was aware that it ran like a champ, the discussion about motor mounts, headers…etc…
And I have read and read doing, or trying to do research…and there are plenty of folks out there that have had plenty of issues when trying to do the swap…lights not coming on, gauges not working, speedos not working, a/c issues…etc etc etc…
I spun a main bearing in my ‘97 about a month ago…and since it is already set up with an old Powerdyne SC, I’ve pretty much decided it’s going to the machine shop and have a lil work done and upgrades in the process…
Along with the 0411 swap and then off to get a tune…so I won’t be doing an “LS” swap…just trying to do as much research as I can…

Thanks for the info and taking the time to post it all…

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It's because they rush through it and don't double and triple check their wiring, that is why people have the issues that they have. 99.99% of swap issues are electrical. Because someone did some stupid ****.