Ls swap 4lo issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sect8dr

Reaction score
Lm7 swapped into a full-size 94 blazer. Running and driving perfect but goes into a sort of limp mode when I put it in low range. Didn't find much in a Google search so I thought I would ask the experts here. Appreciate any info

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much of the LM7 drivetrain did you swap over. The PCM will need a signal to know it is in low range because the output shaft speed will be much lower than expected in 4lo. To the PCM this would look like slippage and trigger limp mode.

You didn't mention if you have a 2002 and older or 2003 and newer. I don't know the exact years the LM7was made but according to wikipedia it crossed over.

It doesn't really matter much. If you have the 2002 and older the C2 connector on the PCM will be red and if the 2003 and later it will be green, but for either it will be pin 16 that should receive a signal to inform the PCM that it is in low range.

sect8dr

Reaction score
Sorry about that, it's an 02. 4l60e is 94 and the 241 is a drivers drop with a slip yoke and a 2 wire vss. Thanks for the info.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The PCM needs to have the correct tune in it also.
Do you have tuning software?

sect8dr

Reaction score
Had a friend tune it. Runs perfect in high range all the way to 6k. Wiring up a switch to ground that pin tomorrow. Thanks for the help

sect8dr

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's a 4x4 0411 and tune. Not positive though. Will be calling him today. If it is a 2wd pcm, what would need to be done at that point? The trans shifts fine in high range 2wd and 4 high so I am assuming the pcm is getting a signal from the vss but I could be mistaken.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So on a 2wd tune the 4LO tables aren't in the tune so wiring up a switch does nothing.

But what you can try is copy all the normal shifting parameters over to the Performance section and then divide by 2.73 or whatever the Xcase low range ratio is. In theory that should work but might have to play with the settings some since its going to rev really fast.
Then set the Performance setting (Tow/haul) to one switch.

Ive always wanted to try this but haven't..

The D0963, D0964, D0965 and all other 4lo parameters arent in a 2wd tune.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the PCM isn't any different from 2wd to 4wd. The programming is.

I'm not sure what is different in the tune specifically, but in a worst case scenario you can write an entire tune from a 4wd, and in a best case scenario you could change the options in the system segment, or perform a segment swap. I am not sure which and would have to go through the tunes on my other computer to find out.

Depending on the software your buddy is using it should be pretty easy to find a tune to copy from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost