LS OBS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to the new turbo, it should make a big difference. One thing I can already say is the customer service from FP is AMAZING!

As far as the rearend, I have purchased hangers to drop the rear another inch, I just need to see how much that affects the pinion angle.

I have fixed the way the rear wheels sit in the fender. I had the rearend narrowed 1.5 inches on each side and upgraded to stronger axles. Tires fit nicely now. I’ll get pictures when I’m off again.

Here are the specs on the cam.
An Impala SS rear end is...
...3" narrower than a 400's.
Couple of mods. Lop off the upper control arm mounts & the coil mounts. Weld on the saddles for leafs at the proper pinion angle.
The carriers are interchangeable. Same 5x5 bolt pattern.
SS's & 9C1's came with rear discs.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An Impala SS rear end is...
...3" narrower than a 400's.
Couple of mods. Lop off the upper control arm mounts & the coil mounts. Weld on the saddles for leafs at the proper pinion angle.
The carriers are interchangeable. Same 5x5 bolt pattern.
SS's & 9C1's came with rear discs.
I already had mine narrowed and it’s back in the truck.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice mod on the hydro boost. These trucks could all benefit from them. Probably best decision I made to do it plus you never have to worry about vacuum.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s some pictures after I narrowed the rearend, still haven’t lowered it anymore. Wheels and tires fit MUCH better!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: