LS MFG Rear Disc Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I know huh, would have liked to go with the "big brake" kit but as I said then Id have to do the fronts so they matched and lots of moolah, oh well Ill live with it

I completely understand, I wasn't trying to be disparaging, just an observation. Hell, I've been too cheap to buy the little shop kit, no way I'd be able to pull off the "big brakes" either. What size are those wheels?

qwikgta

Reaction score
question about brake lines. I noticed you have the rear line on the MC going to the front of the prop valve, and the front line going to the rear of the prop valve. My truck is a 97 and I also added the LSM rear disc setup. On my setup, I swapped out the GMT400 master for one off a GMT800 and I removed the ABS. In place of the original ABS, I am running a GMT800 prop valve (06 Suburban). Because its kind of rigged together, I was not sure if I should run the lines like you did. The 06 Burban I took the prop valve off of had the front line going to the front brakes, and the rear line going to the rear brakes. So now I'm very confused??? When does the front line go to the rear (like yours) and/or when does the front line go to the front (like mine)???

Also, did you have any issues bleeding your system? I've had mine on for a few months and I can't seem to bleed all the air out. Did you do anything special? I've used the "one man bleeder pump" and even done the "push pedal, open valve, close valve, release pedal" method and gotten nothing.

Thanks for any help.