Lq4 Swap Fires but Won't Stay Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1999 K1500 Suburban that I did a Lq4 swap on. When I went to start it for the first time, it fired and the dies. It'll do that every time, sometimes running for a little longer, but no more than maybe a second or two.
I wired it according to Lextech's file, and previously had a 0411 pcm swap. I had the pcm tuned by Blackbear Performance and am finding out if they kept VATS disabled from the 350's tune. If they didn't, then that would probably be the reason why it won't stay running.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I emailed them asking if they kept it turned off. I should have specified that in my tune order form. That means I probably need to specify my rear O2 sensors be taken out along with alternator codes removed too.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah... If you don't request that stuff they're not going to do it. I'd say that's what's going on.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah... If you don't request that stuff they're not going to do it. I'd say that's what's going on.
I told them to keep everything else the same but didn't specify. That's where I probably went wrong. I'm still waiting on my steering box to get to the febuilder so it's not really going to hold me back from driving it.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Confirmed that vats and alternator codes were not disabled in the tune. Still no response from Blackbear.
You must be registered for see images attach