LQ4 Cammed Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1999 K1500 Suburban with a cammed LQ4 in it. I have 1-7/8" longtube headers, 2.5" pipe, 2.5" "high flow" catalytic converters, 2.5" x-pipe, to 2 turn downs right after the x-pipe for temporary. I did have 2 Jones (Like Aero) Turbine mufflers, to 2.5" tailpipes and 4" tips, but one of the mufflers came apart inside and developed a horrible rattle, so I cut them off. I am leaning toward getting Carven R mufflers, but am trying to decide how to route the tailpipes and what tips to get.

I like the look of having no tailpipes visible, but I do not like the drone inside the cabin. I'm sure that dumping it after the axle would help with this a lot. I also like the look of dual tips, or even late 70's trans am tips (thanks to my father and his 79 10th anniversary edition t/a). Another option I have considered is routing both pipes out to the passenger side behind the tire and have the tips side by side like a dual tip would be.

If anyone has any pictures and/or videos of different tailpipe setups, please post them! Just looking at different options and trying to decide what I want to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sub'ed

I've got a K2500 burb with a 454 but I'm wrestling with the same dilemma.

I was looking into Coffin Mufflers for mine, wanted to buy American if I could. My shackle flip rear lift makes routing out the back between the leaf springs and the fuel tank a challenge so I was planning to dump before the rear tires.
Is that what you had previously?

Currently I've got a rotted out 2x3" in 1x3" out magnaflow on mine dumping after the axle and the drone isn't bad to my ears at least.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sub'ed

I've got a K2500 burb with a 454 but I'm wrestling with the same dilemma.

I was looking into Coffin Mufflers for mine, wanted to buy American if I could. My shackle flip rear lift makes routing out the back between the leaf springs and the fuel tank a challenge so I was planning to dump before the rear tires.
Is that what you had previously?

Currently I've got a rotted out 2x3" in 1x3" out magnaflow on mine dumping after the axle and the drone isn't bad to my ears at least.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Mine was routed in the inside of the shocks, hugged the tank, and angled out behind the tires before. It was tight to the shocks and would sometimes bump them if you hit a hard bump. I have a much better exhaust guy now than the shop that originally did my exhaust before I LS swapped.