Lowering 93 chevy 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I running a 3/4 Belltech drop kit on my truck (member photo). I have a whipple S/C for the vortec 350 and GM-HT383 cam in it and a NV3500 5 speed. It's still running the stock transfer case and GM10 bolt.

I have launched it in 4 hi on the street at 2500 rpm in 2nd gear, let it eat to 5500 rpm and let off after mid way through third. The trucks suspension definitely lifts upwards from a dead stop. It felt like it raised about 2 to 3 inches in the suspension, so take heed on the advise to have the CV axles at a minimum parallel to the ground if not further down. The truck thankfully spun both passenger tires about 20ft into the run. I wouldn't advise putting radials or slicks on these stock components as you're playing with fire at that point. I'm lucky so far to keep the 10 bolt together after playful slides around corners. I'd recommend building the truck to handle the power but a NV3500 and NV4500 may not be the best fit manual for the task. I'm considering the T56 swap but that's about $6K transmission build to keep the 4WD in place. I'd rather just build a purpose built 2wd GMT400 to beat on. Much better savings in the wallet vs. getting the 4wd platform to support big HP down the road. Just my 0.02.