Lowered Laws?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim2029

Reaction score
I'm planning a road trip from Michigan to Mississippi and Arkansas and I was trying to find the laws in the states I'll be going through about ride height. I found a few states sites about motor vehicle laws and I can't find mush an height. Mostly if you do cause damage to the road or rub your wheels you're fine.

Anyone have any info? Sites with a database or something?

Thanks.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Generally, they won’t bother you over height unless you’re laying frame and driving down the road. If you have wheels that stick out a lot or massive camber issues they might stop you. Make sure all your lights are legal and you should be fine.

How low are you?

Jim2029

Reaction score
Generally, they won’t bother you over height unless you’re laying frame and driving down the road. If you have wheels that stick out a lot or massive camber issues they might stop you. Make sure all your lights are legal and you should be fine.

How low are you?
I will be 4/6 dropped on stock rallys 15" wheels from a 1974 Impala "Spirit of America Edition" on stock tire (235/75R15). Nothing dramatic, but noticeable none the less.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don’t think you’ll have any issues with the drop. Cops love pulling over people for illegal lights though. Make sure everything is legit.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
You should be solid in all three states. IIRC, the only state that's extremely **** about lowering laws is Massachusetts (and California? Maybe). You should be good.

Source: Used to live in Arkansas and passed through Missouri a lot, way too many guys laying frame for it to be illegal lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I will be 4/6 dropped on stock rallys 15" wheels from a 1974 Impala "Spirit of America Edition" on stock tire (235/75R15). Nothing dramatic, but noticeable none the less.

Probably still sits higher than my Vette. Just think of all the low riding sports cars out there that come that way factory.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got busted with my truck here (bc canada) with a 4/6 drop. There is a law that says nothing on your vehicle can hang below your wheels, and the ***** pig measured and found my shock extenders on the rear hung lower than my 15" wheels.

Probably a non-issue for most cops here, I just happen to get the douchbag oinker that day.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Jim2029

Reaction score
I got busted with my truck here (bc canada) with a 4/6 drop. There is a law that says nothing on your vehicle can hang below your wheels, and the ***** pig measured and found my shock extenders on the rear hung lower than my 15" wheels.

Probably a non-issue for most cops here, I just happen to get the douchbag oinker that day.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

That sucks. I'd probably mouth off to the cop and tell him he needs to get laid. Lol.