Lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have this lift on my truck and I can tell you the aftermarket keys or the torsion bars have nothing to do with it. You need to use the upper control arms provided by rough country and make sure they are mounted as Close as they can possibly be to the frame. In my case cranking up the torsion bars improves the camber. I actually lowered my truck because I wanted a softer ride. I was able to do this and still get acceptable camber. If only one side on your truck is giving you problems I would suspect frame damage. The first steps in fixing this is taking it to a frame shop to see if it is in spec. Also make sure the cut outs for the upper control arm mounts have been removed. As noted earlier, the arm should be pushed in towards the frame as far as they can go.

You must be registered for see images attach
I just put a new set of the rough country control arms. I really hope it's not frame damage. So TIGHTENING your torsion bolts gave you less camber? Not loosening? Bc my torsion bolts are pretty far out, almost an inch below the crossmember.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a frame machine I have the ability to take comparative measurements side to side, upper and lower ball joint locations, measure steering knuckles side to side etc to check for bent components, on an alignment rack you see the same problems in the SAI, Included angle, set back numbers. It's why it's so important for that info to be there. You're talking about stuff that can be a few millimeters off but cause big issues. A knuckle that's bent 1/8-1/4 inch can translate into the tire being tilted in a half inch at the top of it's circumference. Same deal with the top of the frame rail rolled in the same amount. A little bit equals alot at the tire.

The alignment guy should have been able to tell you definitively if the LCA bushings or lower BJ are wiped out and actually need replacement.

Sometimes you can measure things out simply with a tape, the center point of the axle to a bake caliper mounting bolt, the distance between flats on the the BJ mounting flanges top to bottom, The lower bj location in relation to a corresponding frame hole that's the same on both sides of the vehicle, what you're looking for is a difference in numbers as compared to the side that appears good.

Probably have to get some more experienced people involved. In collision work you never assume anything is "good" until it's measured. If you don't check by measuring you end up on an alignment rack multiple times.

Last edited:

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a mechanic who specializes is obs trucks a few miles from me. So I'm bringing to them on Monday. I'm just scared to drive it so Im going to try jacking it up and trying to push the control arm back as far as I can and play with the torsion bolt to see if I can get it to straighten out JUST a bit.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the truck in your avatar, don't worry about the camber for the drive to the shop. Your sidewalls are fairly tall, and radials can forgive a lot of camber. You'd have to look like a stance bro to worry.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that's the truck in your avatar, don't worry about the camber for the drive to the shop. Your sidewalls are fairly tall, and radials can forgive a lot of camber. You'd have to look like a stance bro to worry.
That is the truck in the avatar but the camber is significantly less in the picture lol. if you look at the front of the truck it literally looks like this...

|________|
|_| \_\

I just added a picture it's better than my diagram

Attachments

• 4ED3E6BF-EC9B-4829-A259-B254E743DB35.jpeg
    4ED3E6BF-EC9B-4829-A259-B254E743DB35.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 11

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
.....im so mad my little truck stance diagram didnt post how i wanted it to...

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks “slightly” exaggerated! Lol
You would think so lol. but no it's pretty bad. I'll take a picture when i get home and post it. After inflating my passenger tire that likes to just lose air.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude, I'd roll with that much camber in a daily and not worry.
Plus I posted this picture earlier in the thread and someone commented on the brake line being tight. So now I'm convinced I'm gunna make a right turn and my brake lines going to just snap.

Attachments

• 93B69F88-BDDB-407B-B858-B6366D0BB0BE.jpeg
    93B69F88-BDDB-407B-B858-B6366D0BB0BE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9