Lower Control Arms Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found some for 1200 but comes with uppers and give 2 inches lift

You must be registered for see images attach

JonP

Reaction score
The K1500/2500/3500 Originally came with stamped LC's that had a riveted ball joint. Later models came equipped with stamped/forged combos that had a pressed in ball joint and the very late models came with fully forged LC's with a pressed in ball joint. I don't remember the break down for the years but there is a thread that spells it out here on the forum

I don’t know about the break down by year, my 98 gmc k1500 has the original front suspension with just over 105k on it and the lowers are stamped and unfortunately delaminating due to corrosion. I have yet to pull them but they look nearly identical to my brothers 90 k1500, which are stamped as well... it has other oddities as it think it’s an end of run build

ItsMarty

Reaction score
I have a '99 K2500 all forged LCA on my bench right now. I can provide measurements if that would help.
I appreciate the offer, I ended up buying a set of used forged arms last night so I’m just going to wing it at this point. I’ll post back here once they come in. After hours of cross-referencing parts it seems they should be a direct bolt-in even though they came from a 3500 truck.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You sure the lower control arms aren't gonna be too long? From mounting bolts to ball joints, the 8-lug trucks sit much wider than the 6-luggers.

JayMB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Hummer H2 bushings somehow different from (superior to?) the bushings used on other 3/4 ton fully forged lower control arms?

Or are they just a convenient vehicle to look up for the correct part? (I'm assuming H2's never had the stamped arms?)

Curious for myself here, but I think it'd be useful info to many.