Low Buck 90 GMC Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

portrodder

Reaction score
$190 w/ free shipping on Ebay. About $200 on Amazon. Rock Auto wanted $200 just to ship the thing. I'm guessing that's where you looked?
Those were the ones that I looked at that made me decided to see if I could repair it so I pulled out the usual, wire brush, sandpaper and my Harbor Freight air needle scaler. It cleaned up fairly well considering and after that gave it a good treatment of rust converter and let it set for a day or two, the last photo is after the rust converter has been on for a few hours. After that will make a card board template of that area and see how it goes.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

portrodder

Reaction score
Well, still working on the core support and fender shield but got to checking the frame horn and wondering what you guys use on the surface rust in them, a wire brush only go in so far. By the way found a spark plug in the left horn and the bumper has never been off, how did it get there

portrodder

Reaction score
Finally finished repair of the radiator core support. Finished the rust treatment and made a template out of cardboard and cut a piece of sheet metal to match, tack welded it to the support, not the best looking welds, cleaned things up with jb weld and plastic metal. Will clean up the whole thing and paint when ready to reinstall. Now on to the inner shield.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good progress! Here's another shot of those Hot Wheels wheels, the off road version this time, on a square body truck from the 90s.

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_201856866.jpg
    IMG_20220816_201856866.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 5

portrodder

Reaction score
Finished up the repair on the inner shield except for priming and will get that done. Use the same process as used on the core support except did not weld any metal, hole was to small, rust treatment, jb weld and a little plastic metal.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Did they ever make a extended cab version of the hot wheel obs
Only the dually. The only other version made is the rcsb race truck, until the 454SS limited edition that recently came out. I've got my fingers crossed, the popularity of that RLC truck gets the diecast makers high behind on making some.
Plastic model kits, are a little better; just more expensive since they haven't been released in 20+ years. There's an ex cab phantom dually, and an ex cab long bed with a camper shell that fits all the long bed OBS kits. I have a friend who sells vintage and new model kits that usually has some; I can inquire as to what he currently has and pricing.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cover that goes over the bulb on the reel light
Ah, you do realise it is a reel light. Just wondered if you realised what you have there given you didn't mention it by name.
Sorry, can't kelp with a cover. I'm in the UK and will probably die never having seen a reel light in the flesh.