Low Buck 90 GMC Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks for that photo, never saw one like that but I'll be looking now.
I think they used those in the 90s but not sure of the exact years. I'll ask at the toy show this Saturday; it's the local Hot Wheels club one and most of the guys have lots of knowledge (more than me!). I'm also interested to hear their stories about the 454SS RLC....
I talked to some people Saturday about that, and only one of the group of 4 or 5 had gotten it!

portrodder

Reaction score
Well yesterday I decided to work around under the hood, everything appears to be original but there is a lot of work to be done especially in and around the battery tray area. Going to pull the battery tray out and see if it will clean up and be usable and will also check the area under the tray at the radiator core support area. Anyone have a idea where I might get a bulb cover for the under hood light that attached to the right fender.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well yesterday I decided to work around under the hood, everything appears to be original but there is a lot of work to be done especially in and around the battery tray area. Going to pull the battery tray out and see if it will clean up and be usable and will also check the area under the tray at the radiator core support area. Anyone have a idea where I might get a bulb cover for the under hood light that attached to the right fender.
Do you have enough posts and membership time to post in the Wanted section? If so, that's what I would suggest. I have a spare one of those lights ( I got 2 at the yard and one's going on the Burb) but I had to buy a lens/bulb cover from another member who had an extra.

portrodder

Reaction score
Do you have enough posts and membership time to post in the Wanted section? If so, that's what I would suggest. I have a spare one of those lights ( I got 2 at the yard and one's going on the Burb) but I had to buy a lens/bulb cover from another member who had an extra.
Thanks for that bit of info, I have the membership time but not the post number so I'll just wait until I can post and just keep a good eye out for one.

portrodder

Reaction score
Pull the battery tray out to clean it up and see if it could be reused. After working with it for a little while it didn't take long to see that it wasn't worth while trying to save it, it was worse than it looked. New one on order. Will check the inner fender shield and radiator support in that area.

portrodder

Reaction score
Today I started getting ready to pull the right inner fender shield to check out how much was damage was done from leaking battery acid. Before I could pull the inner shield I had to unbolt the running board on that side and pull it back far enough to get to the bolt so I decided to just take it completely off the see what the truck would look like without it. While pulling stuff just went on and took the broken bug shield off to, now just need to clean up that area and pull the bracket for the running boards. Will try and get inner shield off before days end.

portrodder

Reaction score
Finally got the inner shield off and it didn't look to overly bad, a little cleaning up, some rust treatment and repair the hole that rusted through and it should be good to go. The next step is to check out the core support in that area.

portrodder

Reaction score
I got the core support out yesterday and it didn't look near as bad as I thought it did after checking the cost of getting one shipped, more than cost of the core support itself. The only bad spot is under the battery tray area, anyway will start cleaning it up to see how bad the rust really is.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the core support out yesterday and it didn't look near as bad as I thought it did after checking the cost of getting one shipped, more than cost of the core support itself. The only bad spot is under the battery tray area, anyway will start cleaning it up to see how bad the rust really is.
$190 w/ free shipping on Ebay. About $200 on Amazon. Rock Auto wanted $200 just to ship the thing. I'm guessing that's where you looked?