Loudest horn with smallest footprint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for exactly what the title says. Right now, I have 4 of these https://www.amazon.com/Anxingo-Elec...electric+horn&qid=1555420866&s=gateway&sr=8-8 neatly installed in between the battery and I HATE the sound of them. They sound like they belong in Europe, and to me personally, are not a good fit for a 4x4 2 door Tahoe.

I'd love to do train horns, but I don't really want to drill into my floor in the back, and I don't really have anywhere to install them. I'm VERY limited on space, especially since I'll be installing a 40k trans cooler in the front of the radiator shortly.

Does anybody have any ideas for me? I just want the loudes that I can get, while having the smallest footprint possible. Something that looks nice and not gaudy would also be preferred.

Thoughts?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for exactly what the title says. Right now, I have 4 of these https://www.amazon.com/Anxingo-Elec...electric+horn&qid=1555420866&s=gateway&sr=8-8 neatly installed in between the battery and I HATE the sound of them. They sound like they belong in Europe, and to me personally, are not a good fit for a 4x4 2 door Tahoe.

I'd love to do train horns, but I don't really want to drill into my floor in the back, and I don't really have anywhere to install them. I'm VERY limited on space, especially since I'll be installing a 40k trans cooler in the front of the radiator shortly.

Does anybody have any ideas for me? I just want the loudes that I can get, while having the smallest footprint possible. Something that looks nice and not gaudy would also be preferred.

Thoughts?
Pre 70's Chrysler horns, had a set on a 66 VW years ago very impressive !

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are nice, but I'm looking for louder. This being said, I doubt that I'm ever going to find what I really want. I've been watching clips of different horns all day, and none of them really scream "buy me" to me. I wish I had the damn room for train horns. LOL

I guess I was just hoping that there was a not-well-known beast electric horn out there that I could look into.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
'70's Cadillac 4-note horn.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I believe they're the same all the way through the LT1 powered Fleetwood Broughams, provided that specific Cadillac was optioned with them. So a dude looking to install those has a good chance of finding usable ones in a boneyard.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I started collecting horns for a 3 or 4 note horn, and I think some of the horns of the same note are different... or maybe I got a defective horn or two. I need to finish that. I found one of my OEM horns doesn't even work, so when I "honk" the horn it's more like "beep beep".

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How 'bout an air horn from a big rig? Plenty to scare hell of most anyone.

joe

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Just to to the salvage yard and get a Delco pair of horns from a fullsize GM car... even the fwds in 90's used them. Later ones use the weather-pack connectors, and early ones use spades.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Hornblaster's Musket kit. I think I can squeeze that behind the bumper. I read a few reviews and watched a Youtube video and most people mention the Musket and Ninja, so I'm not sure if people get them confused or purchase both of them and have them both hooked up. Regardless, I'd bet the Musket (or Ninja) is going to be the loudest bang for my buck that I can squeeze into a free spot.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.