louder bolt on muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anybody installed a bolt on muffler that's a little louder than the stock muffler mine has a hole in it.95 yukon

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by bolt on, do you mean using clamps? I haven't... always bought my muffler of choice and had the exhaust shop weld it all up. Magnaflow is known for being just a little louder than stock. I currently have a DI/DO Flowmaster 10, the complete other side of stock.

Hit up YouTUBE and listen to what people have posted... you might find something you like!

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure on the pickups, but on my Burb, there's no such thing as a "bolt-in" because the stock one doesn't bolt-out. I had the the longest, largest Magnaflow I could find welded in, along with a universal high-flow cat. It went from being almost dead quiet to just enough rumble to make me happy. You would confuse it for stock if you didn't know any better.

Mike

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Glass pack will be the loudest besides a straight pipe. And, as stated, won't be "bolt in" unless you cu the old one off and use pipe clamps on eth new one.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anybody installed a bolt on muffler that's a little louder than the stock muffler mine has a hole in it.95 yukon

Flowmaster 10 series to me makes an exhaust louder than a straight pipe. The 50 series is much more mellow but chambered mufflers flow like crap. I had a 18" magnaflow on my Express van with the factory manifolds and cats and it sounded good. It was too loud after headers and high flow cats which made me swap in a very free flowing massive walker dynomax bus muffler. My Infiniti M56S I wanted loud, I built a 2.5" dual exhaust with a X-pipe and used 4" case Magnaflow race mufflers after the OEM manifold cats. That car could wake the dead at WOT but was nice and quiet idling around town and running 70 mph down the highway around 80-85 mph though the engine had enough rpm and load on it the exhaust would start getting a bit annoying especially pulling a hill in OD with enough throttle to unlock the converter.