Lot of oil leaking from bellhousing area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was on my way home tonight and noticed a fair bit of smoke comingout the back of my truck when I pulled into my street and accelerated away. My first thought was "Oh no, not rings".

So when I got to my house and parked it on the roadside I noticed drip stains. Stuck my head under the truck and all around the bellhousing was wet, all over the gearbox crossmember, the front of the tank, and spots all over the tailgate. There is a decent puddle under the truck but since I'm 4/6 and my Jack axle stand and toolboxes are 20mi away I can't see much. I think it could be from the torque converter. I had a quick look from the back of the engine down and can't see anything from there. Pretty sure it's trans oil.

Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

TICK

Reaction score
its a no brainer, stick your finger in it and smell it, if its tranny fluid, front seal gone, or dipstick tube leaking. if motor oil, then rear main, or oil filter leaking. if filter or tube, easy fix. if other your screwed.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, went and got the trolley jack and some basic tools, tranny fluid. It is definitely from the bellhousing as all around that cover/plate is wet. Need to drop y pipe to check but hoping it is front seal or tc seal or something.

When I was younger I got offered an apprenticeship at and automatic shop, those skills would be handy right now, as the box probably needs a rebuild