Loose Steering after full rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjcaron

Reaction score
Steering steering steering. I love my 99 two-door Tahoe but the steering drives me crazy I've replaced everything been through two redhead steering gear boxes. Alta no avail. Got rid of the rag joint. Just wondering if there could be something between the steering wheel and the firewall that I'm missing. Anybody have any experience with something inside the steering column up towards the steering wheel that might make a difference?

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steering steering steering. I love my 99 two-door Tahoe but the steering drives me crazy I've replaced everything been through two redhead steering gear boxes. Alta no avail. Got rid of the rag joint. Just wondering if there could be something between the steering wheel and the firewall that I'm missing. Anybody have any experience with something inside the steering column up towards the steering wheel that might make a difference?
The intermediate shaft. See this post and subsequent posts.

For me, I'll be going with the Borgeson # 000301 lower steering shaft and Borgeson # 000939 upper intermediate steering shaft. Stock intermediate steering shaft (as shown in the linked post) is not really rebuildable and you won't find any OEM GM in stock. So, going to have to look for aftermarket.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intermediate shaft. See this post and subsequent posts.

For me, I'll be going with the Borgeson # 000301 lower steering shaft and Borgeson # 000939 upper intermediate steering shaft. Stock intermediate steering shaft (as shown in the linked post) is not really rebuildable and you won't find any OEM GM in stock. So, going to have to look for aftermarket.

I believe some people recommend this as well.