Looking for wheel and tire advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My light duty K2500 is currently sporting some 15x8 steelies with an offset that pokes out just a little bit with the 31x10.5 tires I have on it now. I will need tires soon as these are old. Wheels are in good shape.

I’m trying to decide between keeping the steelies and putting a 33x12.5 or 33x10.5 BFG KO2 on them or going with a new set of 16” alloys and 285’s. I would love any input that would help.

Pic of my truck for reference

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d love a set of 18” Z71 wheels but people here think they are worth $600 with bald tires on them.

I think I’m going to order a set of BFG 33x12.50r15 for a little less than $700. They should fit....

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would keep your wheels and put the tire on. I have ran that sized tire on 7" wide wheels before without anything radical happening. You should be fine.

When my current tires wear out, I am going to order steel wheels similar to yours, with hankook dyna pro's. The steel wheels are easy to clean, and having some sidewall makes the truck ride nicer off road.

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would keep your wheels and put the tire on. I have ran that sized tire on 7" wide wheels before without anything radical happening. You should be fine.

When my current tires wear out, I am going to order steel wheels similar to yours, with hankook dyna pro's. The steel wheels are easy to clean, and having some sidewall makes the truck ride nicer off road.

Thank you, I completely forgot about ride quality off road. This is my forest and camping truck so that would be an added bonus.