looking for phantom grille....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey. im new to this forum and really like what i see. all of you seem really helpful. i bought a 95 c1500 ext. cab a couple years ago and have been doing slow mods to it since. its came with a 4-6 drop withe the helper bags and thats about it. i bought a cowl induction hood and shaved the tailgate and tail lights myself along with a pretty sick led strip in the roll pan and painted it two tone silver on top, blue on bottom in my garage... (pain in the ass!) lol just giving you a heads up on what i got so far. anyway, i just recently got in a fender bender a couple weeks ago (rear ended a suburban) and it munched up the bumper and grill unuseable. ive always liked the look of the phantom grilles on these trucks since i was a kid and now seems to be the perfect time to install one. but i can seem to find them ANYWHERE!!!! yes i know they are outdated but i could care less about following the fad... it seems aim, trenz, stull, precision just dont make them anymore or out of buisness and all i can find is one from trex and one one on ebay. the trex is for pre 95 and the one on ebay is for 95+ but only has 6-7 bars and no corners. id like to stick with the 95+ to keep from having to convert to the earlier years but i dont like the fact of having no corner lights (dont want any legal issues even tho the grill isnt necesarilly cosher eitther) and id like 9 bars cuz its more of a real phantom. but the only trex i can find is for the pre 94 and that requires a lot of converting.... does anyone know who sells these now days and where? what eactly are my options here? it seems im pretty sol. any advice in pointing me in the right direction would be awesome. thanks in advance.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

thanks for the replys everybody. this is pretty much what im looking for. sorry for not being specific but yes id like the chevy grille. not the gmc. and also i dont want the inserts that lay over the headlights. i want to recess them for that hidden look. now when and where did you purchase this and how much? you say its from aim but i cant find a website for that company. all i get is airbagit. is that the company that sells them? they do have a shell with full phantom but doesnt specify if it requires recess kit and if it includes the kit or not. also i cant tell if it has shaved corners or not. but this seems to be the only place so far that has what im looking for.

is this where you get the aim grille? http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/bil-ch-31.htm

and this is the one that i have been contemplating on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0644118039&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but it has shaved corners...and thats why i havnt bought it yet. where did you purchace the grill without shaved cornes because thats what id like to get if possible. thanks everybody!!

Last edited:

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the kit from airbagit.com In both link they look to be the same.

yeah they do look to be the same but the one from ebay has shaved corners and the one from airbagit doesnt specify but yours allows for corners. did yours come with the relocator brackets? and just for a heads up, how difficult was the install?