Looking for opinions/guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While all the talk of mods and upgrades is much fun, I would suggest getting it running reliably, replace what needs replacing re stuff like fuel pump, AC/Heat parts, shocks, water pump, belts etc etc FIRST or you are likely to have a real money pit on your hands. Since you have not had problems with current drive train, it might be a good idea to get everything working for a while and then consider changes. Just my unsolicited two cents worth. Good luck, its definitely worth doing.

aulii 419

Reaction score
I had the 10-bolt rebuilt once, about 5 or 6 years before I parked it, as it had developed quite a howl. I may be mistaken, but I believe it was making noise again when I parked it, although it might have been the tranny that was making noise. Not sure, it's been 10 years since I parked it. I like the idea of starting with a fresh drive train, but the devil is in the details, read potential money pit. I guess I'll never know unless/until I get started.

aulii 419

Reaction score
FWIW, I recently confirmed with two of my sons that the 10 bolt currently driving the truck was, indeed, howling when I last parked it, so I'm definitely planning to upgrade to a 14 bolt. Let the games begin...