Looking for new 88-94 Stainless Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, a while ago I converted my 94 Sierra K1500 to the 95+ mirrors, and while it’s nice that they don’t fold in on the highway like the old dumbo mirrors, I lost a lot of visibility, and honestly some of the good looks too. I’d like to buy new ones, but I don’t want poor quality ones that shake and vibrate at high speeds like a lot of aftermarket mirrors. I’ve seen Dorman and K Source brand chromed mirrors, and there’s always LMC, but I don’t know if they’re any good. Anyone found a good aftermarket set of stainless mirrors? Or better yet, does anyone know where a Delco/GM set can be bought?

Thanks for any help.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Hey all, a while ago I converted my 94 Sierra K1500 to the 95+ mirrors, and while it’s nice that they don’t fold in on the highway like the old dumbo mirrors, I lost a lot of visibility, and honestly some of the good looks too. I’d like to buy new ones, but I don’t want poor quality ones that shake and vibrate at high speeds like a lot of aftermarket mirrors. I’ve seen Dorman and K Source brand chromed mirrors, and there’s always LMC, but I don’t know if they’re any good. Anyone found a good aftermarket set of stainless mirrors? Or better yet, does anyone know where a Delco/GM set can be bought?

Thanks for any help.
As far as I know, my 1990 has the original mirrors, which I prefer over the 1995- on mirrors, both for looks and visibility, but I also have an annoying issue with the driver's mirror folding in during highway driving over 65 mph or so. My passenger mirror doesn't move, but it's probably less worn from adjusting it over the years.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like they're still available new from GM, at least for now. Wholesale GM Parts Online only lists the passenger side one so they may be on the way out. GM Parts Direct still lists them both. Part numbers 19177488 (left/driver) and 19177487 (right/passenger). Around $105 each, plus shipping.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-199...-silverado--5-7l-v8-gas/body--outside-mirrors
Yes, my 96 came with the stainless tow mirrors. Just last year I took them off and replaced them with the ChiCom style mirrors with the two mirrors in each housing. As much as I liked the old school mirrors the current ones are much better for seeing what's behind and to the side of me. I recall when my dad bought that truck they came in a box with the truck and were dealer installed.
Looks like the ones you linked are discontinued, just some parts of the mirror are available.

And yeah, the ChiCom mirros do shake a bit but I grew up pulling trailers with all kinds of questionable tow mirrors, so it doesn't bother me--too much. Drivers side mirror is making an annoying noise though......

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the ones you linked are discontinued, just some parts of the mirror are available.

Yeah, it looks like a lot of the tow mirror stuff is discontinued. I was kind of surprised and happy to see that the regular '88-'94 mirrors are still available in stainless and black. The standard black '95+ variants are still being produced too last time I checked, I just replaced the driver's side on my red '97.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I have the Dodge "Dumbo" towing mirrors on Frank. They were on him when I bought him.:cool:

I now know why the Dodge boys are always in "Tow Mode" with their mirrors. You can see EVERYTHING that way.

But you can't get through a drive thru with them up.

On a side note when down if the mirrors fit so will the dually fenders! :gay:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but I also have an annoying issue with the driver's mirror folding in during highway driving over 65 mph or so
Is yours like this one? If so you can remove the cover with a T-10 Torx on the bottom. (for some reason I'm have problems attaching the picture of the whole mirror but, you get the idea) Then just tighten the 2 bolts until it's as solid as you want.
You must be registered for see images attach

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Is yours like this one? If so you can remove the cover with a T-10 Torx on the bottom. (for some reason I'm have problems attaching the picture of the whole mirror but, you get the idea) Then just tighten the 2 bolts until it's as solid as you want.
You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you for the tip! I looked at mine, and the cover does have a Torx bolt on the bottom, so i will be able to tighten them. Actually, I will probably be replacing them with the same style. I was just going to repaint them, but my driver's side mirror was rusty, and I was able to poke a hole in it with my finger!

dudeinthepnw

Reaction score
I've been able to find them in the JY for cheap. I have a pair that I need to swap because the drivers side mirror glass is cracked.