Looking for info/threads on IRS swaps and air bag setups for the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powderguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, working on getting info together on putting airbags and an IRS setup in a 1989 c1500 short bed.

The truck is my dads, he wants to bag the truck on all 4 corners(not slam it). We can spend 5k on ridetechs whole setup but he is considering other options.

THE REAR:

Thinking about putting a rear irs out of a 90’s t-bird, c4/c5 vette, possibly a Bmw 3/5 series, etc. then adapting ridetechs shockwave in place of a coil over or something like this. I’ve found a thread on here of a c4 irs swap with good pics but no other swaps yet.

THE FRONT:

We could order ridetechs whole setup with control arms and everything, or maybe there is a thread on here of someone mounting bags in stock control arms? I’ve been told the frame will need to be modified to clear the bag on a stock control arm but I know there’s gotta be some photos out there.

As for some more info on the truck, just finished painting it, he’s ordering a L99 ls3/6L80 for it. The truck was completely torn down for the paint, so now he’s just kind of going all out and doing a frame off resto. We want to get the motor/tranny/suspension all fitted and together before we powder coat the frame so I’m just trying to get as much info on what others have done first.

Thanks,

Landon

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
C4 Vette IRS is much easier to swap than C5 as the axles function as the upper control arms. Some Jags ran this too.