Looking for frame help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadeinTX

Reaction score
Newbie here and not even an owner... delete if not allowed or wanted. My Brother lives in upstate NY and want to keep / resurrect his 1999 Silverado AS his frame is all rusted out. It's his first truck and really wants to get it back on road. He asked me, since in TX, if I could TRY TO find a non rusted frame. My bud recommended this site. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If it helps his VIN 1GCEK14T5XZ200341

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best luck is to find out exactly what he has, 2wd 4wd long bed short bed etc. And find a junkyard truck with a good frame to swap.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had luck finding people parting them out.
As mentioned you need to know 2wd or 4wd
Bed length
And cab style.
Besides that it’s pretty easy. I’d love to see pictures of this frame... is it just coated in surface rust or are there holes rusted into it?

MadeinTX

Reaction score
It's a standard Cab Short Bed 4x4.

From what he says... rusted through... I'll ask for pics :)

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
car-part.com if you find a frame thru a company like LKQ it can sometimes be delivered to one of their local yards for free, to your door if you are a business.