looking for a nice color of blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon_

Reaction score
i'm looking to paint my truck a different shade of blue but i want something that gonna pop when i add chrome to it, i would prefer it to be a darker shade, post up what you guys have

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Loved the blue on my ram. Pic isn't mine but same color. Was called true blue pearl
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Bright blue Metallic. A one year GM color I think, and it looks damn good.
@sewlow

There's a couple newer GM color codes that are similar to this, but I don't have a clue as to the names or RPO codes are.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That Bright Blue Metallic looks great. Another GM blue that is medium-dark but still jumps is the Arrival Blue that was used on the Silverado SS's

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Bright blue Metallic. A one year GM color I think, and it looks damn good.
@sewlow

There's a couple newer GM color codes that are similar to this, but I don't have a clue as to the names or RPO codes are.

Thanks! Appreciate that!
Yea, I don't know the code either. RPO codes in the G/box are unreadable. It's a '97-only color.

That pic ^^^ is the repaint. It's j-u-s-t a bit darker than the original. If you were to look in the door jams, in bright light, you can see the diff.
Not only that, but the paint just doesn't pop like the original. I don't know if it's because of that slight difference in the color or with the way that the paint was laid down.
Either way, whenever the truck does get painted again, I'm going to be a lot fussier before I'll accept the final job.

This is the original GM paint.

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darker colors do look nice with chrome. I painted a 65 Belvedere with Chrysler Patriot blue around 2000 Nice darker blue with enough pearl in it to give highlight. A lot like the Ram pic shown. I picked that color by just looking at cars while riding around, when you see a color you like make a note of what make of car it is and find the color . What looks good on a small car may not look good on a large truck. Good luck you will find yourself second guessing plenty till you decide. I picked the light blue on my truck because I wanted a retro look color and like something no one else had. I get nothing but positive comments and thumbs up daily because it stands out as different. I worked with a paint store and custom mixed mine.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Indigo Blue, looks black on a real cloudy day or at night, but blue metallic really pops in the sun or on a bright day. Back in Blues unmolested days she had lot's of factory trim and it looked nice with the blue. Color code WA 9792 or in touch up GM 39

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I loved the Navy Blue Metallic of my WS6. It looked beautiful in the sunlight and had a purplish tint under the lights at the track.

Also electron blue from the vette is a beautiful blue too.