Looking for a HP performance Trans 4l60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With just 32s and 4.10s your not really taxing the trans. If your not beating on it then why do they keep going out?? Something ain't adding up....
I agree with you I think it was bad luck from bad build. No many care anymore

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do stay away from Monster Transmission. Garbage. A quick Google search will confirm that.

If I had to recommend somewhere to buy a 4L60E from (please don't do it) I'd suggest Hughes or Gearstar.
Thanks That helps

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep you posted will have more info from trans shop tomorrow
Thanks all

Not for nothing here, but a mild 383 can kick out a big block like 450 ft-lbs at a low rpm. It doesn't matter that you're not wringing it out at high rpm. You're at the upper limit of what the trans can handle without beating on it. Constant 3-4 downshifting and upshifting with the converter locking and unlocking whether your towing or not seems to be high on the list for failures so hammering on the 383 is not the only form of abuse.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of what?

Last edited: