looking for a front end suspension kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in search of a kit to fix my front end. Something to include ball joints upper and lower, pit man arm idler arm and steering gear box. Need to fix the play in steering wheel and get a good alignment. does anyone know of a kit or do i need to buy all parts separately

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I don't know of a kit with all those components in it.

For my '96 i have just been going to moogparts.com and going down the list of replacement steering and suspension components as funding permits to replace all that is old. I should be coming to the control arm bushings soon. Have already replaced all other steering, and rebuilt the steering box.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a full kit either, but you may need to add a rag joint to that list if that's where your steering play is coming from.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know of a kit with all those components in it.

For my '96 i have just been going to moogparts.com and going down the list of replacement steering and suspension components as funding permits to replace all that is old. I should be coming to the control arm bushings soon. Have already replaced all other steering, and rebuilt the steering box.
i was told to go with moog since they are a reputable brand. however would you recommend going with the cheaper brand for say like the pitman arm and idler arms? i was told to go moog on the ball joints since those hold up unlike the master pro brand that oreilly has.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I think it just depends on what you want to accomplish and available funds. My '96 is the truck I bought new in '96 so it means a lot to me. I wanted good solid long lasting replacements so i decided to go with Moog. Some don't like moog parts but I like them. The master pro or other will probably be ok too but i can say the Moog parts are solid and fit good, no problems on pitman arm, idler, ball joints, tie rods etc. Just my thoughts, other's can comment too.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with Moog and hear that Proforged gets good reviews as well. I’d take one of those or a Delco Professional (not Advantage) if they were not available.

You get what you pay for, and having steering components not come apart is pretty important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did all MOOG on my 98 C1500 ext cab. Great fit, and the alignment is stellar now.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought all my parts separately. Replaced the steering stuff with AC Delco parts, and a set of upper and lower control arms off ebay.

Big G

Reaction score
I would definitely go with Moog Parts all the way. I replaced majority of the steering linkage on my 99 K2500 last month and bought both AC Delco and Moog front end parts. Anything that I bought ACDelco was made in Taiwan and the Moog Parts were made here in the USA.... plus you can tell the Moog parts were a lot beefier too.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's funny, I decided after some self debate to go with MOOG to rebuild my steering/suspension on my truck. However, after working at an auto parts store in College... I can tell you that a TON of vehicles are riding around out there with store brand stuff... I don't know about you, but I don't see parts just flying off down the interestate on my daily commute to work!

However, I have liked the MOOG stuff I put on my truck and will continue to go with them. I like the idea of having confidence that if I need to stress my truck, it will get me home.