Looking for a clean leather steering wheel for a Canadian 1998 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have a nice collection of leather wheels from some nice folks here on GMT400 from US destinations but they all have fitment issues - something different between US and Canadian trucks, it seems. If anyone has a very clean leather wheel from a Canadian truck, they aren't using and are prepared to sell, please let me know. Thank you for your time. Mark.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that's strange. What's the fitment issue? Does something hit or leave a gap?

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that's strange. What's the fitment issue? Does something hit or leave a gap?
The wheels would mount but my center pad was a slightly different shape/size and wouldn't fit the imported wheels. Maybe it was just on me and I was getting older year wheels - not sure but I thought collecting more US wheels wasn't an approach I should stay with :) That or include the horn button next time for a complete kit...

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The wheels would mount but my center pad was a slightly different shape/size and wouldn't fit the imported wheels. Maybe it was just on me and I was getting older year wheels - not sure but I thought collecting more US wheels wasn't an approach I should stay with :) That or include the horn button next time for a complete kit...
Were you getting wheels that had the air bag in them? If so, that's the reason why yours doesn't fit. Yours has the airbag-less wheel. Airbag-less wheels came on trucks with 8600 GVWR and above.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like a good explanation - the wheels I was getting had a lot more room in the center cavity and that would make sense to fit an airbag. I have a vinyl wheel from LMC and I really don't like it. I see Grant sells a leather replacement but it is an airbag version - not sure if it includes the center cap - if it did it might be an expensive option. Cheers

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were you getting wheels that had the air bag in them? If so, that's the reason why yours doesn't fit. Yours has the airbag-less wheel. Airbag-less wheels came on trucks with 8600 GVWR and above.

If I was going to chase a used airbag/cap assembly for the Grant reproduction wheel, would you be able to advise what years of trucks would be suitable donors? Thank you for your time. Better yet, where can/should I go to look up this info