Lookinf for 4l80e swap information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You should be able to use the memcal from the 4L80E truck in your computer if the engine and rear end ratio is the same.

Lennyobs

Reaction score
You should be able to use the memcal from the 4L80E truck in your computer if the engine and rear end ratio is the same.
I don’t have anything from the donor just computer and the ratio is not the same :(

You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That is a completely different computer than what your truck has if it's a 95. Your computer is to the right of the glovebox in the dash and has a removable memcal module.

Lennyobs

Reaction score
That is a completely different computer than what your truck has if it's a 95. Your computer is to the right of the glovebox in the dash and has a removable memcal module.
Just checked vin on the truck it’s a 96 is there a write up on what to do to the 4l80 or is it the same as the one on lt1swap

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am approaching the time where I will be swapping a 4l80e into my 95. That computer you show is not from a 95.
You will have to not only modify the plug but also have to add one for the trans input shaft speed sensor. Then pin it into your computer. I have not been able to get anyone to state which pins it will be on a TBI computer but I believe it will be into pins F-2 and F-3 on the blue plug. Those pin locations should currently be empty if you are using a TBI 4l60e.
https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/ecm-pin-out-chart-2

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have not tested this but it looks like after you do the round plug end you will have 2 free wires. Of course those 2 free wires are white and tan/black. On the computer end for TBI those are pin E2. E2 will be moved to F2. The tan/black is in pin E10 move it to F3. Then you will need to go back to the transmission end of the harness and put on a ISS plug. F2 is the positive for the ISS and f3 being the negative ISS.