Long Tube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't install them on the motor prior to installing, but I would put them in the engine bay. When I did my Hedmans many years ago, there was no way to install the passenger side from the top. Had to remove the starter and go up from underneath. Read the instructions and that's what it said to do, we figured there was a way around it, nope!!! Lol
I have no idea about the eBay specials, but Hedmans were a budget brand back then and they are about 19yrs old now, not a daily driver, but bolted right up, no issues. Just use a quality set of gaskets and bolts. No fun doing it again.

dyates99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't install them on the motor prior to installing, but I would put them in the engine bay. When I did my Hedmans many years ago, there was no way to install the passenger side from the top. Had to remove the starter and go up from underneath. Read the instructions and that's what it said to do, we figured there was a way around it, nope!!! Lol
I have no idea about the eBay specials, but Hedmans were a budget brand back then and they are about 19yrs old now, not a daily driver, but bolted right up, no issues. Just use a quality set of gaskets and bolts. No fun doing it again.
That’s a good idea. I guess just set them in the bay out of the way so when I drop the motor in I’ll just have to bolt them up

TexasRaized

Reaction score
The truck does have a 3 inch body lift on it. Not sure if that changes anything. Talked to my local exhaust guy and he said it’s probly best to install the headers on the motor before dropping into the engine bay. Is that correc
The truck does have a 3 inch body lift on it. Not sure if that changes anything. Talked to my local exhaust guy and he said it’s probly best to install the headers on the motor before dropping into the engine bay. Is that correct?

I would install after… most long tube headers I have read about have two issues, shift linkage on driver side and frame clearance on passenger side. To me that will equal a headache that could be avoided.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Another Hedman user here, I bought some Hedman Elite headers off of this forum back in 08/09. They fit the K1500 no problem.