long tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody put long tubes from another platform? Say from a car, chevelle or Camaro? I want to put some on my Tahoe, gonna get the EGR deleted, or might ad one, and the O2 bungs are simple enough. I put some headers from a Chevelle in an 84 I built with a 454, they tucked up more than truck specific ones. I plan on lowering it some, and tho won't be that low, don't want to run into clearance issues. For a car, figured they tuck in lil more.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What motor are you referring to? I'm guessing 350 or 305 based on the Tahoe? Also 2wd or 4wd would be helpful.

I like the idea, but I've got a k2500 Suburban with the 454, not sure any cars of this year range came with the 454...

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** forgot what its for lol. i have a 98 2wd 4 door Tahoe. Only comes with a 350. I put a 454 in a truck I built, I used headers that were for a Chevelle. They didn't hang as low as truck headers did, and were cheaper. So, wanting to know if anyone used small block headers off a car in these trucks? I'm not concerned bout EGR or O2 as I can install that myself. The cheapest long tubes are like $300 for the correct ones for my tahoe, but basic ones for a chevelle camaro full size whatever are lil over $100.