Long Tube Header & Y Pipes that work in OBS Trucks with LS Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ht89

Reaction score
I'm in the process of a 94 SCSB, 2 WD frame off restoration. The sheet metal is at the shop for paint.
I've got the frame back together with a 6 lug swap using the 14 bolt, light duty 2 WD 2500 truck rear end and front rotors.

The 07 LS motor is installed w/o the cast iron exhaust manifolds.
I need to get the exhaust together and would like to use long tube headers with a Y pipe.
But from everything I've been seeing on the web I find it impossible to ascertain with any certainty about what will work.

When I dry fit the 07 OEM manifolds they very nearly lay on top of the upper control arms and it's kinda making me lose my mind after spending the past 3 days surfing the web.

Does any one have actual experience with what Long Tube Header & Y Pipe set ups work in an OBS truck with an LS motor?

Crytone

Reaction score
Honestly, if you are a Facebook user, there's a great OBS LS swap group on there with tons of great info.

For headers look at the Schoenfeld LS swap headers (PN# 1302LS1). They fit the best on OBS LS swaps in 2WD. Do NOT use the Speed Engineering headers, they say they work but they don't really on the 2WD, only the 4WD.

As for the Y-pipe, I've seen a few people use the 07-13 Truck/SUV Y-pipe kit that Speed Engineering makes and have made it work. Modifications are required though from what I've heard/seen. Most people run custom duals and forego the y pipe.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
For headers look at the Schoenfeld LS swap headers (PN# 1302LS1). They fit the best on OBS LS swaps in 2WD. .

I can confirm these fit perfectly on the 2wd, as this is what I am using. For the Y-pipe, that part is custom built 3" from the headers to a Y adapter then into a single-in-dual-out Flowmaster 70 series.

Bender209

Reaction score
I can confirm these fit perfectly on the 2wd, as this is what I am using. For the Y-pipe, that part is custom built 3" from the headers to a Y adapter then into a single-in-dual-out Flowmaster 70 series.
What motor did you use in your swap? I have 94 ext cab originally came with 4.3 TBI and I am preparing to swap in a 6.0 LQ9. I just ordered the exact part number you listed and should be getting them this week.