Long overdue join

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just read through the thread, nice truck! Good to see more Missouri members on here.

Regarding the third brake light, I also noticed negative reviews on Amazon when I bought mine. I ignored them and it's been fine for years now. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Also the difficulties you had trying to swap in the Bose head unit are pretty much par for the course. The Bose system uses external amplifiers so it's not sending the same type of signal to all the speakers. Individual factory Bose components almost never work with anything except the exact system they were designed for.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just read through the thread, nice truck! Good to see more Missouri members on here.

Regarding the third brake light, I also noticed negative reviews on Amazon when I bought mine. I ignored them and it's been fine for years now. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Also the difficulties you had trying to swap in the Bose head unit are pretty much par for the course. The Bose system uses external amplifiers so it's not sending the same type of signal to all the speakers. Individual factory Bose components almost never work with anything except the exact system they were designed for.
Thank you! I appreciate it!

I'm still on the edge of the Amazon 3rd's, and may just fork over the money for a set that has good current reviews. I know with Amazon, if it doesnt work, or feels cheap, I can send it back, but I guess a few of those amazon lights have changed styles, and I'm really not a huge fan on how they look now.

I kinda figured that if I were to put a bose unit in, I would have to grab everything. And honestly, im not too worried about grabbing everything out of it, as im not a huge fan of big sound systems, but i grabbed this unit due to my unit having a few dead buttons, and all of the lights burnt out, so I thought it may be worth an upgrade

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another decent day at the junkers today. Picked up just a few goodies, two fog light switch pigtails, one fog light switch, a brand new set of TYC headlights for $15, and a brand new set of Depo? turn signals for $5.
Grabbed a set of corner markers for a 4 corner mod, trans cooler electric fan, mint mirror switch, and another double switch dash bezel.
Also found a few pigtails that I've been needing, along with a CHT sensor bracket.

Also, my Chevrolet Truck Legends package came in today, so I'll close it all back up, and store it nicely I reckon
You must be registered for see images attach

But the little less exciting finds are the gauge needles, and bowtie.

The bowtie on my grill is actually being held in by electrical tape, and I seen this one in pretty good shape, so I grabbed it, and to my amazement, the studs didnt twist off!!!
And the gauge needles are out of an escalade that someone ripped the cluster apart for the Odometer and fuel stepper motor.

Also, this escalade apparently just showed up on tuesday to the local pick and pull, and I am told it may have MPFI upgraded injectors. So I'll be heading back there tomorrow to see if it in fact does.
I think for $65 it's worth trying? And hell, I'll stick the injectors in some cleaner for 15-20 minutes to make sure they are at least clean?
But while I'm there, is anyone in need of escalade parts?

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, injectors were a success! A working set of MPFI injectors for $30! Hell yeah! Also grabbed a new air filter cover, as mine has been missing for a while now

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I'm still on the edge of the Amazon 3rd's, and may just fork over the money for a set that has good current reviews. I know with Amazon, if it doesnt work, or feels cheap, I can send it back, but I guess a few of those amazon lights have changed styles, and I'm really not a huge fan on how they look now.

I kinda figured that if I were to put a bose unit in, I would have to grab everything. And honestly, im not too worried about grabbing everything out of it, as im not a huge fan of big sound systems, but i grabbed this unit due to my unit having a few dead buttons, and all of the lights burnt out, so I thought it may be worth an upgrade

There is a yard about an hour drive from me that recently got in a 99 Denali. I definitely want the 120speedo, but noticed the Bose head unit looked like a direct replacement. What else needs pulled to get it to sound properly?

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a quick update, had a set of auxiliary lights given to me as my friend was scrapping the truck he had these on, so I decided to clean them up and install them, unfortunately they are driving lights, so they are basically a second set of high beams, so once I get a set of factory fogs, these will be replaced by some spot lights, and I may just get some low output bulbs and use these are work lights for the back. But we will see what happens.
There is a yard about an hour drive from me that recently got in a 99 Denali. I definitely want the 120speedo, but noticed the Bose head unit looked like a direct replacement. What else needs pulled to get it to sound properly?
Like @df2x4 said, wiring, amp, subwoofer, and then the head unit. Now the 120mph speedometer is a direct replacement, I grabbed another speedometer, and it fixed my issue. Someone must have put a regular stepper motor in this one, so I'll be experimenting at some point on how to get rid of the blue tint with it

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
It almost just seems easier to put an aftermarket unit in with some good quality aftermarket speakers, unless you guys are wanting to keep the stock look. :)

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It almost just seems easier to put an aftermarket unit in with some good quality aftermarket speakers, unless you guys are wanting to keep the stock look. :)
Yes I think the aftermarket stuff I've seen in our trucks looks like crap, so a cheap stock upgrade is all I'm looking for.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I think the aftermarket stuff I've seen in our trucks looks like crap, so a cheap stock upgrade is all I'm looking for.
Honestly it may be worth looking into adding an amp on a factory unit? Just to see what happens? I used to have an older Dodge Stealth R/T that the previous owner done this, with the factory unit, piggyback equalizer, and a 10" sub in the trunk. It wasnt great, but it was an improvement over stock when I yanked it all out.