Long bed to short bed conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I got a sentimental project on a 1990 gmc sierra sle. I want to put on a 6.5' stepside bed on. I can only find panels for the fleet side. I know shortening this frame is going to take a while and alot of work but I have no clue where to find panels for a used bed? Maybe find a whole kit but where? Again I'm looking for a step side bed. But where do I get one

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got a sentimental project on a 1990 gmc sierra sle. I want to put on a 6.5' stepside bed on. I can only find panels for the fleet side. I know shortening this frame is going to take a while and alot of work but I have no clue where to find panels for a used bed? Maybe find a whole kit but where? Again I'm looking for a step side bed. But where do I get one
Junk yard, Craigslist, offer up, etc. Some of the larger junk yards show pictures if what's available which should help you know if it's got a step side on it. Bring some friends.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk