Long Bed -----> Short Bed conversion questions

Cree

Reaction score
If I’m seeing it correctly, it’s showing all the wheelbases relative to each other. I marked the long bed and short bed. You can also see what lazybones was pointing out.
Yeah, I caught that part with the red. Thanks. I think I'm just gonna go to a yard with a tape. Without knowing what all the codes mean, I'm curious about a few of those measurements.

MrPink

Páirteanna Máistir
Reaction score
Which frame is that? Or are you telling me they're the same and you Chevy did what I'm thinking of doing but in reverse?
the top frame with the red markings is the regular cab long bed frame. the bottom on is showing driveline lengths.
If I’m seeing it correctly, it’s showing all the wheelbases relative to each other. I marked the long bed and short bed. You can also see what lazybones was pointing out.
Nope. And the markings are incorrect. the top one is crossmember locations for a C10903,20903,30903 all of which are long bed reg cab chassis. The bottom one shows different driveline combo's(The M RPO'S) and where their lengths end up.

Caman96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the top frame with the red markings is the regular cab long bed frame. the bottom on is showing driveline lengths.

Nope. And the markings are incorrect. the top one is crossmember locations for a C10903,20903,30903 all of which are long bed reg cab chassis. The bottom one shows different driveline combo's(The M RPO'S) and where their lengths end up.
Mr Pink I did notice they were a little different than actual wheel base, but close enough to make point about differences. Was trying to show how frame narrows as lazybones pointed out. Close enough for Rock’n’Roll :Rock on: