LMC grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s mine

You must be registered for see images attach

Similar to mine, though mine is not as exaggerated. Good thing I’ve got an OE one in my second bedroom.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the Holley grille

It’s supposed to be lol. Box had chingchangwingwang written in sguiggly letters on it so who knows. Holley might be just distributing.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
No I didn't. I ended up finding a (93?) grille that was in decent condition at the salvage yard.

Not sure if I already uploaded a picture of it:

I'd like to find one in a yard locally but haven't had any luck with calling around so far. One near me is just a hillside with cars behind the guys house, no inventory system or organization at all. 4x4 is required to get in there and he doesn't mow at all. Its fun hunting. Gonna try to hit there tomorrow after work or Saturday, if he's open.
Termite I got my 88-93 grille from LMC. The fitment is ok/decent. The gaps on the fender are more noticeable than OEM. It doesn’t mount to my core support in a couple spots. The chrome finish was bright but had some minor marring from shipment. @Orpedcrow got one from LMC for his ride. I think he would share a similar sentiment.
I've heard there were concerns with fitment of the aftermarkets but hadn't seen anything relatively recent. I got an LMC repro for a dakota and it was way off. Truck was junk so it got wire tied on and stayed like that till we gave truck away.
Here’s mine

I could live with the bowie being different. That side gap would bug me. (At least for a few months.) The one I pulled had a gap similar to that but was also busted up bad.
Hmmm,not that great huh!
I wonder if you could pull the sides in by warming the plastic with a heat gun. Was that the only issue? Is that the Holley grille?
I hadn't considered Holley. Maybe same supplier as LMC? I'm going to go hunt down their site shortly.

Eldelewis

Reaction score
I'd like to find one in a yard locally but haven't had any luck with calling around so far. One near me is just a hillside with cars behind the guys house, no inventory system or organization at all. 4x4 is required to get in there and he doesn't mow at all. Its fun hunting. Gonna try to hit there tomorrow after work or Saturday, if he's open.

I've heard there were concerns with fitment of the aftermarkets but hadn't seen anything relatively recent. I got an LMC repro for a dakota and it was way off. Truck was junk so it got wire tied on and stayed like that till we gave truck away.

I could live with the bowie being different. That side gap would bug me. (At least for a few months.) The one I pulled had a gap similar to that but was also busted up bad.

I hadn't considered Holley. Maybe same supplier as LMC? I'm going to go hunt down their site shortly.
I have the LMC (1989 version), it fits well, spaces are ok; however, the mounting holes for the plastic inserts that the parking light mounting screws use are too big so I am constantly revisiting loose parking light issues. Thinking about reinstalling the original

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I likely overpaid, but I got a decent condition OE grille and all of the front lights from the yard today. Going to clean up all of the lights and the grille before installing. Headlights especially need a polishing.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll never understand why LMC or other decent companies don’t just have a grille or other parts made to the right standard and charge more for them.

We will pay it!

I’d pay double for a grille that is right, rather than some horsecrap that pi$$es me off every time I see it.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll never understand why LMC or other decent companies don’t just have a grille or other parts made to the right standard and charge more for them.

We will pay it!

I’d pay double for a grille that is right, rather than some horsecrap that pi$$es me off every time I see it.
Because they know a majority of people will settle for subpar quality or never notice anyways. And the ones who know the fitment is off but need a grille are stuck in between paying for subpar or holding out for a decent OEM piece. Whenever I’m at the yard I always look for good grilles. I’ve got the space to store them and on the off chance I ever need to replace mine I have something decent.