Limited Slip/Locker 9.25" IFS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 9.5" 14 bolt limited slip or locker in their 9.25" axle housing?

They list the same open housing but I was unable to find one for my 9.25" IFS axle.

I would prefer a Detroit Truetrack if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Following.
I don't think it's possible tbh; but I could be wrong. I've wanted a front locker for my truck ever since I figured out Eaton made the E-locker for the 9.25 front diff. Still don't understand why they discontinued it but still offer for the 8.5 front diff.

There is this; advertised for Ram trucks, same gear size and spline count as the GMT400s?
9.25 Trac-Rite Front E-Locker

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a thread recently asking about this. I can't seem to find it...IIRC what I wrote is the only locker for the 9.25" IFS is the ARB air locker, that I'm aware of.

From what I recall asking about last year on another thread was inconclusive about the RAM E-locker fitting the GM. I had found a website where guys were arguing if the E-locker would fit the GM, and I think it was mentioned something about the locker causing some side forces that can cause the housing case to break, that's why it was discontinued. I think it was on Pirate4x4 website or a RAM forum.

Edit: here's the thread I started, but looks like I didn't post any other links: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/locker-for-aam-9-25.52133/

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
In my reading I came across that the '03 and up dodge the ring gear flange is thicker and the dodge gears would need a spacer if used with the older case.

I think the issue is space for the end of the carrier away from the ring gear.

I'm going to run 265/75-16 tires in the front and I'm not aggressive so I don't need anything bombproof I just want more traction.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my reading I came across that the '03 and up dodge the ring gear flange is thicker and the dodge gears would need a spacer if used with the older case.

I think the issue is space for the end of the carrier away from the ring gear.

I'm going to run 265/75-16 tires in the front and I'm not aggressive so I don't need anything bombproof I just want more traction.
Frank, you need a rear locker, a front winch (maybe some PYOs?) LOL.

They did mention something on the front for the old Chebby burb... I'm going to be following them to see what they use.

Enjoy:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Frank, you need a rear locker, a front winch (maybe some PYOs?) LOL.

They did mention something on the front for the old Chebby burb... I'm going to he following them to see what they use.

Enjoy:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yes that's the video I mentioned yesterday, just couldn't figure out how to link it.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was kind of crazy there on the last try. Some more aggressive tires and mild lift would of helped a bit for sure.

Not sure how much a front locker would of helped? Seemed like neither of the front tires were spinning, so probably would of helped some...???

At least the front axle, TC or differential didn't blow up!!!

Last edited: