Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finn

Reaction score
Hey guys so today in my 1990 gmc all of sudden none of interior lights want to turn off which include the dome light and the one on each side under the dash. When I try turning on the headlights they turn on and so does my cluster but my cluster suddenly turns off but my headlights stay on. It’s just happened today so I don’t believe it’s my door as it always turned off before. Any help on how I can fix this and I’ve also checked the fuses and they look fine.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Also check your fuse panel may have a couple loose from a bumpy road. And your door plunger that turns on&off your lights when doors open and shut?

Finn

Reaction score
I found the fix thank guys but now my e break keeps flashing so now time to figure out another problem

Finn

Reaction score
Wait….. you found the fix? What was it?
It was really simple mistake on my end haha but my switch that turns up the Brightness was turned up to the max and when doing so you’ll hear a click and it’ll keep the lights on but when you roll it down it’ll click again reverting back to usual setting of raising and decreasing the brightness allowing the lights to turn off again. Hope it helps

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
It was really simple mistake on my end haha but my switch that turns up the Brightness was turned up to the max and when doing so you’ll hear a click and it’ll keep the lights on but when you roll it down it’ll click again reverting back to usual setting of raising and decreasing the brightness allowing the lights to turn off again. Hope it helps
You are not the first person to be flummoxed by the dimmer switch. I think anyone that has EVER driven a car has done that!

Glad to hear it was a free fix.:biggrin:

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello gang, so I had something similar happen this evening on my 96 burb and I traced it to an incorrectly seated rear lift glass not engaging squarely with the lift glass plunger on the right rear, just above the tailgate, see attached photo. My lift supports are completely worn out and wobbly and when lowering the glass the window didn’t seat properly. I have a new set arriving any day now from RockAuto.

Attachments

• B9C51F52-9C8E-49A0-A572-1507037D33F8.jpeg
    B9C51F52-9C8E-49A0-A572-1507037D33F8.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3