Lights on with Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I’m gonna revive this thread by also mentioning that the s10/sonoma had the PL turn on for like a second when unlocked by keyless. This was completely factory and the trucks had an alarm on them.
Can't remember if my dad's 96 had this feature but my 98 does. Even honks the horn when you hit the remote lock button more than once lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 98 stock keyless blinks the park lights when locked or unlocked. Domes come on even if I have the override on. But they light up for a minute. If I lock and press it twice it honks and the domes come on a second

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you dont have this and want to add it, you can always install an alarm system. My Viper alarm locks and unlocks the doors flashing the running lights, beeping the alarm once, and turns on the dome light when unlocking the doors. When you set the alarm, it beeps twice and does everything mentioned above, when using the provided key fob.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
My 98 stock keyless blinks the park lights when locked or unlocked. Domes come on even if I have the override on. But they light up for a minute. If I lock and press it twice it honks and the domes come on a second
All my interior lights come on for say 4 or 5 seconds when I lock, and probably like 30 seconds when I unlock. I'd love my park lights to blink when I lock

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I knew more about my system.. its stock keyless entry but when I dad bought it in 97 he also paid the dealer to install alarm. But to my understanding it was a 3rd party. Idk if anybody from houston also got this and knows more... my mom got a tahoe in 98 and same thing. Same alarm different dealer.