Lights flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jalin

Reaction score
When I turn my left turn signal on with the lights off the signal and dash lights all flash like the turn signal normally would. When I turn the lights on the left signal light also comes on and stays solid. When the lights are on and I try to use the left it flashes super fast along with the other lights on the left side(turn signal,headlight,dome light, and the tail light). What’s the problem? Wasn’t doing this before I took out a horn that wasn’t working then I drove the truck and turned it off. When I got back in it started to do this. It’s an 88 1500

jalin

Reaction score
You might have jiggled loose a ground wire nearby when you pulled the horn out. Check around the area of the horn wiring for a ground point and tighten it if it's come loose.
What all grounds are in the area? It was mounted to the right of the steering column pretty much. It was wired weird it actually ran to another wire that had an inline fuse to a cigarette lighter. I know the one ground is close to the obd port.

jalin

Reaction score
I also noticed today that the side marker on the drivers side doesn’t come on with the lights. It only does the fast flash with the blinkers and the hazards are also a fast flash. Really more of a flicker than a flash.