Light duty to F44

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been busy acquiring parts for this project. So far we have.
Rough country 4” lift with M1 shocks and a V2 stabilizer.
Trakmotive cv axles.
Timken hubs and seals w/Dorman bolts.
Powerstop front brake kit.
Moog upper and lower control arms, tie rods, idler and pitman arms, and leaf spring bushings and shackles.

I have found a 6 lug 2500 donor truck that I am getting the 14 bolt, leaf springs, torsion bars, sway bar and steering knuckles out.

Can you guys think of anything else I might want to get off of the chassis while I’m there?

I’m trying to get most of the parts for a rolling chassis, so when this winter finally lets up we can started on it. I’ll start a build thread once we actually get to working on the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those the lower control arms for the Astro?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Torsions, sway, knuckles. . . Knuckles are for sure the same. Torsions and sway can be mic'd to see if there's a difference. Unless the donor parts are that much cleaner doesn't seem like it's worth the effort?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torsions, sway, knuckles. . . Knuckles are for sure the same. Torsions and sway can be mic'd to see if there's a difference. Unless the donor parts are that much cleaner doesn't seem like it's worth the effort?
RPO codes would tell torsion bar difference.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are. I believe it was your thread that enlightened me. Thank You.
Yeah, I can’t take credit for discovering them or for the thread, probably just commented on them. I will say if it were me, I’d probably swap in different ball joints(TTX:D), I’m wondering if it’s up to task being it was meant for an Astro.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son’s truck is the light duty 1/2 ton version with the small brakes, so I was assuming (I know) that the torsions and sway bar on the 2500 would be heavier. Besides the price is right and they have half the miles. The knuckles I was unsure about, but again the price is right.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Cunningham tie rod sleeves.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered these on Wednesday night and received them on Saturday. Extremely well packaged. These things are awesome