Lift knuckles

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Casey1104, Jan 18, 2019.

1. MSCustoms

MSCustoms Its not just a Truck

The picture looks like the BDS knuckles are for a gmt800 because the brake mounting holes are different and the knuckle looks totally different from the BDS kit on my truck. I would not advise with this since rough country does not have true "6 inch" drop brackets and you are playing with geometries that were not designed to work together. The BDS kit uses new knuckles and upper control arms, plus their brackets are made from 1/4" thick plate and they have a lifetime warranty

Anthony DelGrosso likes this.
  2. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Newbie

Can i ask where u live that someone would check modifications on your steering link?

3. Anthony DelGrosso

Anthony DelGrosso Newbie

i appreciate the input. Correct me if I’m wrong, the only thing different on the knuckle is the top extension for keeping the upper arm in the factory position and having no drop bracket. Axle is going to be in the same position. And I had a friend do some magic with the front diff mounts. We’re at 5.75 right now. angles I have right now, I think it’s still gonna be the same swapping out for the knuckles and arms. The biggest issue with my truck is the upper arms to the knuckle, and the knuckle. My geometry is way out because of tweaking for the 40s.

4. MSCustoms

MSCustoms Its not just a Truck

If your talking the BDS for out trucks, the new knuckle has an extension cast into it and has its own custom uca's that I believe are shorter than the stock ones. I pulled off my old trailmaster kit that had an extension bolted to the stock knuckle but the extension was more of an "s" shape when looking from the side. I am far more impressed with the BDS kit than the trailmaster. The BDS kit also uses the stock steering center link and flips the tie rods on the knuckles. The tie rods need to be cut shorter on the threaded shaft.

I'd be more worried about the geometry as the wheel cycles up and down and when turning.