Lift kit brand Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im debating on what lift kit to order.
Im looking at either a TC 4in lift or a RC 6in Lift.
I have seen plenty of videos of the RC 6in lift and it looks like it fits pretty decent for fit and finish.
Can't find much on the TC 4in lift but i seem to remember reading a thread complaining about it.
Anyone have experience with either or both that could help me make a decision?
Thanks

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't have personal experience with either, but if Off Road Design is a dealer for them, then I'd say they are a good brand. But either is a good brand, so don't think you can go wrong with either....

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was strongly considering a RC 2-3" lift but from reading on here and watching youtube reviews, nobody seems to really like it (rides rough and is hard to align). I still want to do it...the suspension needs to be refreshed anyways. But I'm scared! And everyone calling Rough Country "Rust Country" doesn't make me any more at ease!
Spare Parts - you've got one of my absolute favorite suburbans on here. Why do you want the lift? Is yours sitting stock right now?

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Yeah, it's stock for the most part. 6in will be to tall i think so im going to put a Tough Country 4 inch lift on it.
I'm also considering 2 inch blocks in back with a crank and 4 new 2 inch longer shocks. A little worried about ride though. I am willing to try it though!
I think between 2 and 4 inch would be perfect for me.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear how it works out!
I'm trying to figure out how to gain a couple inches AND make the truck ride BETTER down forest service roads and desert washboard. Possible?

Feintmotion86

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to gain a couple inches AND make the truck ride BETTER down forest service roads and desert washboard. Possible?
You wouldn't need a lift kit for that. It will take time/money to refresh your bushings/arms/steering box, tie rods and that could easily exceed the price of the lift kit. Refresh + high quality shocks will probably achieve what you're asking for.

FYI, the reason why most people don't like the lift kits is because they come with garbage shocks. If you got the lift kit and replaced the shocks with Bilstein 5100's or something better, the kid would likely be great.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve installed several RC lifts on newer trucks including one of my own about 10 years ago. I was very impressed with fit and finish for a budget lift. I don’t think you could go wrong with either brand.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From everything i have read they both fit as good as you can expect for a aftermarket product and quality is also acceptable.
Seems like the shocks are always to real problem with either brand so im going to use Bilstein shocks.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey any update??
From everything i have read they both fit as good as you can expect for a aftermarket product and quality is also acceptable.
Seems like the shocks are always to real problem with either brand so im going to use Bilstein shocks.