License plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so...Do you folks block your tags in pictures? I never have, maybe I should? What do you think is the worst that could happen by leaving my license plate # exposed for the internet to see?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a slim chance that they could figure out who you are, it's not a simple process though. If license plates had sensitive information on them, they wouldn't be displayed for the world to see.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes people do see your plates every day, but most aren't having a conversation with you or dealing with you long enough to form an opinion about you.

I block my plates in pictures because it only takes one lunatic on the internet who disagrees with something you say to compromise your information. Looking up a plate number may not be the easiest process, but it's not the hardest either. I'd rather just not give anyone the opportunity.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes people do see your plates every day, but most aren't having a conversation with you or dealing with you long enough to form an opinion about you.

I block my plates in pictures because it only takes one lunatic on the internet who disagrees with something you say to compromise your information. Looking up a plate number may not be the easiest process, but it's not the hardest either. I'd rather just not give anyone the opportunity.
Anyone connected to the car business or knows someone connected to the car business can know who you are in a NY minute !

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Exactly, which is why I always take the extra couple of minutes to block plates.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I don't deal with people in a negative manner that would lead them to possibly feel the need to search for me by my license plate, so I don't have that problem.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to think I don't either, but you never know what's going to bring out the crazy in someone. People are very unpredictable.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard, but not sure if it is true, that it started on TV shows about custom cars. Trolls that were watching the shows thought it would be "cute" to call in a stolen car report on the car they saw on TV. Caused a lot of problems for the owners.