lets talk front and rear leaf hangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
yes please and possibly a quick pic would be helpful, but overall the ditsnce between how far out the leaf spring is are the same as a gmt400? i could probably measure that quickly.

what do you mean? the shackle flip does not change spring distance and the front hanger setup gets you to the 31.5 perch spacing needed for any gm or ford leaf sprung dana 44, 10 bolt or dana 60

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im taking rears, i miss understood so i think im good now. or where you taking about using your 82 front rear axle leafs for a shackle flip on mudwasp? if so does that push the leaf spring the same distance from the frame as the stock ones, so are the measurements or distances from the frame out the same?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
im taking rears, i miss understood so i think im good now. or where you taking about using your 82 front rear axle leafs for a shackle flip on mudwasp? if so does that push the leaf spring the same distance from the frame as the stock ones, so are the measurements or distances from the frame out the same?

i used the front spring mount from a 82 2wd as a shackle flip hanger it does not change the spring spacing,i went from a long box to a short box so the front spring hanger got moved forward and adds lift since it mounts in front of the bend of the frame, a up side to that swap is no need for a zero rate block to move the axle back to compensate for the shackle flip moving it forward.

the rear shackle hanger was also from that same 82 2wd just flipped upside down to use as the swing shackle for the sas, the front sas spring hanger is the one from any 73-87 chevy, since i used 52" long springs i needed to add support in front of the frame for the hangers to sit on where as standard 47" ones will not need that.

both the front and rear swing shackles i lengthened to make full use of all the arch in the front spring for more flex and it also helped the stock rear spring flex more, my shocks seem to limit my flex and at some point i will get even longer ones

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i gotcha, so the frame does bend a tad back there? i didnt look on mine im assuming a yukon would as well.

the probably is a drop bend but since you cannot shorten a yukon the front hanger would never get moved down the bend for free lift and straightening the spring angle from a shackle flip like a shortbox conversion does, you would be stuck with zero rate springs to fix the offset that a shackle flip creates

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i have yet to learn zero rate and all that, im taking it step by step well actually the zero rate is the one thing im having issues understanding.

zero rate is a 1 inch block with 3 positions to it you can move the axle forward or back with it

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
got any pics of the front hangers mounted further foward?

the 2nd picture has them, they are half on the frame and half on the 2x6x1/4" square tube, here is a early mockup without the tube
You must be registered for see images attach