Lets talk about grille's and headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheapHoe

Reaction score
My hoe just turned 200k the other day. A deer thought it was a good idea to run out in front of me. These are tough vehicles. 45-50mph deer impact busted the grill and headlights. Poor deer's head also put a small dent in the fender. The radiator got popped from a piece of the grille.

You must be registered for see images attach

So now I need another grille and headlights. Finding used ones around here is a little bit difficult because those are usually the first items to get picked at the junkyard. I see tons of aftermarket remakes online for less than $100. But I am always leery of the quality of cheap Chinese remakes. So what is the best route? Wich of the aftermarket grilles and headlights are worthy? Which to avoid?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'd avoid any non-OEM grille like the plague. Yeah it sucks, they're expensive, but everything else just looks off in one way or another. If you don't feel like shelling out $250+ for a new one, then I'd just look around at the scrap yards until you find one in good shape. As far as the lights, I've had very good luck with my Anzo stuff. I've seen some people report problems with them but never with the specific models I have.

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1998 C1500 ext cab dark green metallic. Here's pictures of some of the goodies I plan on installing when I have the cash to pay the installer.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
I just bought grille headlight, Front back lights with turn signal I want to say were 150 and the grille was 74$ shipped .
Perfect fit no issues. I have a gmc and converted to a chevy grille .
You can find everything in my thread linked in my signature.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's pictures of some of the goodies I plan on installing when I have the cash to pay the installer.

Coming from one of the least mechanically inclined people you will ever meet, do this yourself! It's so easy! I considered paying someone to do my Suburban grille, but now I can have the entire grille and lights taken off in less time than it takes me to pull out the tools and I've only done it about five or six times.

JimFixes

Reaction score
Coming from one of the least mechanically inclined people you will ever meet, do this yourself! It's so easy! I considered paying someone to do my Suburban grille, but now I can have the entire grille and lights taken off in less time than it takes me to pull out the tools and I've only done it about five or six times.

Exactly my same thought, while I am mechanically inclined my wife is not, I told her where the bolt locations were, went to grab a beer and she was waiting for me to help her grab the grill by the time I came back it is a very simple and easy job to do.

CheapHoe

Reaction score
I just bought grille headlight, Front back lights with turn signal I want to say were 150 and the grille was 74$ shipped .
Perfect fit no issues. I have a gmc and converted to a chevy grille .
You can find everything in my thread linked in my signature.

Where did you buy them from?

CheapHoe

Reaction score
Well its been a while of gathering parts but I finally fixed her. I found a factory grill in good shape and bought new amazon headlights, blinkers and corner lenses. I got the bumper filler from parts geek.