Let's see your shops/garages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
Perusing through this thread got me thinking again; it'd be pretty nice to have a 25x30 shop with a nice Bendpak 4-post lift. With an interior kind of like what @2 Sweet has on his garage wall;

Someday. I hope. Working on **** outside gets old when it's not nice and sunny out.

I was 28 years old when I finally bought my first house/garage. I never had that luxury when I was living in ****** apartments. And it's still not really a "luxury" considering it's only a 10x23 single car garage. I still end up working on cars in the driveway 90% of the time because there's just not enough space in here.

My advice......make sure your house has a big enough garage lol. Sounds like you have the right idea :waytogo:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks I'll have to check them out.

Or when it's 110° + and no shade.
Currently my shop is overrun with pups right now so I'm outside.
Why a 4 post? Only ask cause most prefer the 2 post

I'd prefer a 4-post because you can just pull a car or truck up onto it and it's ready to go up; plus there's no worry of something coming unbalanced when it's 5 or 6 feet off the ground. And I know it's a rare occurrence

My buddy's dad has an old Rotary 2-post lift that they use for cars and smaller trucks; won't hold a fullsize F250 or K2500 it's a decent lift don't get me wrong, but it's just not enough lift sometimes; and he swears up and down he'll get a big drive on lift one of these days.

I was 28 years old when I finally bought my first house/garage. I never had that luxury when I was living in ****** apartments. And it's still not really a "luxury" considering it's only a 10x23 single car garage. I still end up working on cars in the driveway 90% of the time because there's just not enough space in here.

My advice......make sure your house has a big enough garage lol. Sounds like you have the right idea :waytogo:

I don't think I could ever live in an apartment;
I've been pricing out land and modular homes and such; right now a 3/4 bed, 2/2.5 bath double wide and some steel outbuildings will suit my needs perfectly. I know it's gonna be expensive to do it that way; but I feel like I'd never be happy if I didn't get it my way right off the bat.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

I have a 24x24 two stall and some days that isn't enough. A 30x60 is almost what I need just to park **** for the night. A 60x100is about what I need to be comfortable for the future with a two stall attached to the house.

I'm going with a new Rotary when it's time for a lift. Just about every dealership and higher end shop I've been to has their lift stuff. They get used daily. And they last forever.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post here since it's not really about "New Tools" or "Tool Boxes". It is about what I wound up doing in my shop. A little background - we have a Samsung 65" curved TV which developed a dark vertical streak in the center after 3 years. We bought it at Costco and purchased an extended warranty for ~$89. So, I contacted Square Trade, the warranty Co, texted a couple pictures of it and they sent me a new 65" 2019 Samsung Q70R flat TV and told me to keep the original one. So I decided to "upgrade" my shop TV.

You must be registered for see images attach

Had to move the wire racks over to where I have all of my fasteners (another project for later) and threw up a couple sheets of plywood and hung my TV from the living room (note the dark streak in the center).

I had some closet shelf brackets and some melamine and plywood to make shelves. Now I can watch my favorite episodes of Road Kill from anywhere in my shop, at no extra cost to me, ha ha!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I'd post here since it's not really about "New Tools" or "Tool Boxes". It is about what I wound up doing in my shop. A little background - we have a Samsung 65" curved TV which developed a dark vertical streak in the center after 3 years. We bought it at Costco and purchased an extended warranty for ~$89. So, I contacted Square Trade, the warranty Co, texted a couple pictures of it and they sent me a new 65" 2019 Samsung Q70R flat TV and told me to keep the original one. So I decided to "upgrade" my shop TV.

Had to move the wire racks over to where I have all of my fasteners (another project for later) and threw up a couple sheets of plywood and hung my TV from the living room (note the dark streak in the center).

I had some closet shelf brackets and some melamine and plywood to make shelves. Now I can watch my favorite episodes of Road Kill from anywhere in my shop, at no extra cost to me, ha ha!

I've got a nearly 15 year old Vizio 42" that I've been using as a computer monitor. It's the old CFL style backlight so it's starting to fade a little around the edges. I've been thinking about upgrading it but it hasn't bothered me enough yet. This might be motivation to do it sooner. Great idea!

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I’ll play, this is the building I keep my toys in upstate ny I wish I had the space for half of that were I live Down on Long Island but at least I have the storage somewhere