Let's see your shops/garages

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by polar, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Oozing Machismo

I was 28 years old when I finally bought my first house/garage. I never had that luxury when I was living in shitty apartments. And it's still not really a "luxury" considering it's only a 10x23 single car garage. I still end up working on cars in the driveway 90% of the time because there's just not enough space in here.

My advice......make sure your house has a big enough garage lol. Sounds like you have the right idea :waytogo:

BowtieBrody likes this.
  2. BowtieBrody

BowtieBrody Jesus Murphy!

I'd prefer a 4-post because you can just pull a car or truck up onto it and it's ready to go up; plus there's no worry of something coming unbalanced when it's 5 or 6 feet off the ground. And I know it's a rare occurrence

My buddy's dad has an old Rotary 2-post lift that they use for cars and smaller trucks; won't hold a fullsize F250 or K2500 it's a decent lift don't get me wrong, but it's just not enough lift sometimes; and he swears up and down he'll get a big drive on lift one of these days.

I don't think I could ever live in an apartment;
    I've been pricing out land and modular homes and such; right now a 3/4 bed, 2/2.5 bath double wide and some steel outbuildings will suit my needs perfectly. I know it's gonna be expensive to do it that way; but I feel like I'd never be happy if I didn't get it my way right off the bat.

2 Sweet likes this.
  3. shorepatrol

shorepatrol I'm Awesome

CAF4BE79-2DE8-4B09-992D-346344F54CF1.jpeg

2 Sweet likes this.
  4. Sampuppy1

Sampuppy1 Diesel nut

I have a 24x24 two stall and some days that isn't enough. A 30x60 is almost what I need just to park shit for the night. A 60x100is about what I need to be comfortable for the future with a two stall attached to the house.

I'm going with a new Rotary when it's time for a lift. Just about every dealership and higher end shop I've been to has their lift stuff. They get used daily. And they last forever.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit