LEDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeJoe1993

Reaction score
I was thinking about replacing all my lights
( except headlights) with LEDS. Which ones are good? And what kind do I need for front and back? Or should I just stick with original ones?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stick with the originals.
I'm a big fan of LED's but I do have to say over literally 2 decades of playing with automotive LED's, the investment rarely has a good return. They're expensive as hell to get good ones, and they don't last very long. Then the battles you have making them play nice - hyperflash we have pretty much covered, but backfeeding voltage into other circuits causing issues with gauge cluster turn indicators staying ghost lit, AM radio interference with turn signals flashing, etc. man they just become a fancy PITA.

With that said I still have full exterior LED's on my 300 SRT8 including switchback signals in the front. However, I de-converted my Silverado SS to full incandescent other than the tag lamps, cargo lamps, and reverse lamps. Ready to un-do the reverse as one of those is beginning to fail.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I converted a few of my exterior lights to LEDs on my '97s, but I wanted to retain the factory load based flasher and the hyper-flash it gives you if a bulb is burned out. Did a little research/experimentation and discovered that replacing the corner marker 194s with single LEDs and the tail light bulbs with incandescent 3457s resulted in slightly brighter tail lights and fully functional hyper-flash. Plus you get the added benefit of converting the only signal bulb that won't trigger hyper-flash if it burns out to an LED. I PM'd JoeJoe1993 about this earlier but there's more info here if anyone's interested.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/question-regarding-194-leds-in-corner-markers.48075/

EDIT - I would NOT recommend doing this if you're using factory tail lights with the circuit boards.

Last edited: