led tail light havoc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
You guys are scaring me. I have a box full of ANTLINE and Phillips LED's for the all the exterior running lights I'm about to install...........:eek:
I don't think you'll have issues with them, I have installed LEDs in at least 4-5 of these trucks with zero issues, counting my own.

Childs

Reaction score
5 fuses are at 0v at both ends of fuse with ignition on:
Under hood:
ECM-I 20A
ENG-I 20A
In cab:
#20 TRANS 10A
#14 ILLUM 10A
#5 RR HVAC 10A

I am thinking it may be my ignition switch but the truck still cranks over.
I will try to add a ground next.

Childs

Reaction score
Slight difference in tail light circuits from 93 to 94/95. Only one extra bulb added but i don't see how it could toast an ecm. It may have been coincidental timing because i remember seeing my tachometer going nuts before i pulled it in garage to change tail lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The ignition switch has five individual switches operated simultaneously, looks like your "Hot in Run/Start" switch is out or the wiring to it is dysfunctional. Illum fuse will only have power with the park lights on. There's a very good chance your taillight install coinciding with the failure is just that, coincidental.

Childs

Reaction score
Thanks. I did notice most of those circuits are labeled hot in run/start on the schematic. I did inspect the wiring and wiggled the harness but found nothing. Sounds like i may need a new ignition switch.

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
screenshot_2020-07-23-22-46-04-png.222274

I installed those on my truck as well, the only problem for me was the fit The two tabs on the side. i had to break them off by accident to make the housing fit in place. if not its out of alignment and you notice it. But no issues on the lights working. Been on the truck for at least 3 years now.

Childs

Reaction score
Update: it was coincidental timing. My multifunction switch had bad wires. I replaced it and ignition switch harness. LED lights work fine and look good with my new raptor spray in bedliner.